Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Windhoek, Namibia


Windhoek is located on a plateau between two mountain chains at an altitude of 6000 ft. The winters are cold and harsh for those living in the informal settlements with no running water or electricity.  A volunteer group from Eastern Heights Baptist Church in Jeffersonville Indiana will be traveling to Namibia in June to join career workers Ron and Lisa in distributing blankets to many living in these areas. As they offer these families a glimpse of hope in facing the cold winter nights, they will also be sharing the Gospel message offering them everlasting hope.
Pray for God’s provision for this team coming out as well as for God’s blessing upon this upcoming evangelistic effort.
Matt 25:35-36 “...for I was hungry and you gave Me food; I was thirsty and you gave Me drink; I was a stranger and you took Me in; I was naked and you clothed Me; I was sick and you visited Me; I was in prison and you came to Me” NKJV.

No comments:

Post a Comment